Get ahead of it this winter!
I know many of you are considering whether to get the COVID Vaccine, but there are others that want to know what to do to prevent the Flu.
Did you know that Americans suffer approximately 30 million flu cases a year?
You do not need to suffer through the Flu Season if you take preventive measures.
To begin with:
- Antibiotics are ineffective for the Flu
- Cold Medicines may suppress symptoms but be aware that theses can cause with side effects.
- Viruses can develop a resistance to viral drugs.
So, what can you do to prevent the Flu? These are my go-to:
- 3-5000 mg of Vit C and Liposomal Vit C is the best delivery method.
- Elderberry is a go to that many people take as we approach winter and the Flu season.
- Vit A; 5000 international units
- Vit D3 and K2: 5000 mg is the minimum as far as I am concerned, and you may need more because with winter you are not out in the sun as much.
- Zinc: we have all been taking with COVID prevention measures.
- Selenium helps balance and regulate the immune system. (I take it every day and the recommended dose is 200mcg).
- Because 80% of the immune system lives in the intestinal track, Probiotics are essential every day, but also during Flu Season. I recommend Bifido Pro by Master supplements as it reduces histamine and inflammation. Master Supplements: 1-800-926-2961. Give them my code Levin-10 for a 10% discount.
- Following a low sugar low carbohydrate diet is especially important as sugar suppressed the immune system. In addition, starchy foods convert into sugars as soon as they hit the stomach.
- Get your Doctor to check your zinc, Vit C, Vit A and Vitamin D levels early in the fall to see where you stand. Based on the levels, you should adjust your doses to give time to optimize your immune system. By the way, I believe Vit D3 should be between 60-80, not 30-50. At 30-50 you are barely hanging on and certainly not optimizing your immune system.
So, let us say you have done all of this and you still get the flu, but hopefully a light case, what do you do?
- Manuka Honey in your Tea will support recovery.
- Andrographis helps to reduce the duration.
- Bee Propolis will help speed recovery. The one I recommend is from Science. Go to their website to order.
- Ginger Tea
- Eat well. Chicken Soup is always great.
- Drink plenty of fluids
Sources to refer to: